Yo Photographer
Register for FREE!
Go Back   Photography Forum > General Photography Forums > Your Photos


Log-in/register to unlock all the member quick-links and features!
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3


Daisy
Senior Member
Daisy is offline
Daisy is Female
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,687
Comments/Critique welcome
 
07-03-12, 04:54 PM
#21

Re: *warning*

I love HDR but it's a bit like an airbrushed fashion model to me. Instantly lovely on the eye but nothing that draws me back to find more in the pic.

That's just me...it's all too perfect for my tastes.


     
totalnovice
Senior Member
totalnovice is offline
totalnovice is Female
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Comments/Critique welcome You may edit and repost my images but ONLY on this site
 
07-03-12, 05:47 PM
#22

Re: *warning*

I like three best.
My Compact/P&S: Fujifilm f10, hs20


     
Skyline's Avatar
Skyline
Senior Member
Skyline is offline
Skyline is Male
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3,053
Comments/Critique welcome
 
07-03-12, 06:18 PM
#23

Re: *warning*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
I love HDR but it's a bit like an airbrushed fashion model to me. Instantly lovely on the eye but nothing that draws me back to find more in the pic.

That's just me...it's all too perfect for my tastes.
I don't mind going back to look at fashion models.... of women

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnovice View Post
I like three best.
Thank you Natalie


     
Daisy
Senior Member
Daisy is offline
Daisy is Female
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,687
Comments/Critique welcome
 
07-03-12, 06:23 PM
#24

Re: *warning*

[quote=Skyline;136149]I don't mind going back to look at fashion models.... of women


You are not that shallow!!


     
Stanokella's Avatar
Stanokella
Senior Member
Stanokella is offline
Stanokella is Male
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,419
Comments/Critique welcome
 
08-03-12, 08:04 AM
#25

Re: *warning*

Good set, last for me. Might be tempted to flip it so runs from left to right as eye naturally looks.

The dislike of HDR never makes sense to me, as most of the arguments apply to any kind of post processing and not solely HDR. But that's another thread.....

A little tip for HDR, take more shots! I use 9 in my HDR stuff, allows a lot more control and can vary look from surreal to a more natural look.
Kit 1
Nikon D700
Nikon MB-D10 Battery Grip
Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8
Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8
Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VR
Nikon micro AF 200mm f/4
Other Kit
View my profile to see my other kit!
My Compact/P&S: Fuji X100


     
BlackGrace's Avatar
BlackGrace
Senior Member
BlackGrace is offline
BlackGrace is Female
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 565
Comments/Critique welcome You may edit and repost my images but ONLY on this site
 
08-03-12, 02:13 PM
#26

Re: *warning*

Sorry to be dumb - but what's HDR and what's people's problem with it? I like all except number 2. Lovely ethereal quality and smooth water
Kit 1
Nikon D5100
Nikon VR 18-55 AF
Nikon VR 55-200 AF
My Compact/P&S: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8


     
Skyline's Avatar
Skyline
Senior Member
Skyline is offline
Skyline is Male
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3,053
Comments/Critique welcome
 
08-03-12, 02:50 PM
#27

Re: *warning*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanokella View Post
Good set, last for me. Might be tempted to flip it so runs from left to right as eye naturally looks.

The dislike of HDR never makes sense to me, as most of the arguments apply to any kind of post processing and not solely HDR. But that's another thread.....

A little tip for HDR, take more shots! I use 9 in my HDR stuff, allows a lot more control and can vary look from surreal to a more natural look.
Thanks for that Ste, and the tip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGrace View Post
Sorry to be dumb - but what's HDR and what's people's problem with it? I like all except number 2. Lovely ethereal quality and smooth water
Thanks BG. Have a look at this........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging


     
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Top
Forum Jump

© Copyright 2008, Yo Photographer   Yo Photographer | Contact Us | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top